After a week of Math Teacher Conference, I’m ready to get back into the genealogy mode. Of course, every time I say that, something ELSE pops up, but that’s life!
Due to a lack of vital records in the early years of Russell County, I’ve been using Court Orders to help me narrow down the date of death for some of my ancestors. I thought that might be helpful to other Russell County researchers as well. I was only able to make it through the Jan – June Sessions of the 1828 Russell County Court Order this morning.
- January Term – James Wariner administrator for William Stapp estate
- January Term – Mary Smith executrix of William Smith
- April Term – Estate of William Stapp (no other names)
- April Term – James Wariner administrator of William Stapp estate
- April Term – James Woldridge one of the executors for Richard Wooldridge
- April Term – Smith Turner executor of Richard Turner gives bond
- June Term – Last will and testament of Edward Long or Lang proven
- June Term – Last will and testament of Richard Turner proven
- June Term – Nancy Hampton widow of Henry Hampton
I’d love to be your Personal Assistant for these records! If you see a record that you’d like to have, I’d be happy to provide a digital copy of the full page for you for only $2.00 a page. Email me at theshygenealogist [at] gmail [dot] com to tell me which record you’d like. I use Paypal for fast, convenient transactions.